DISTANCE LEARNING CHECKLIST
If you do not have access to a computer, laptop, tablet, or other device for online learning, please fill out the Request Form to secure a School issued Chromebook.
How to Access WIFI
If you do not have access to steady WIFI in your home or place of study, please refer to some of the options/solutions below:
- AT&T: Open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families
- Charter/Spectrum: Free Wi-Fi for 2 months.
- Comcast: Free Wi-Fi for 2 months to low-income families, plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free.
- Sprint: Unlimited data to existing customers and allows all phones to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: Unlimited data to existing customers and allows all phones to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- Verizon: No special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Affordable Home Internet
- Using Your Smart Phone as a Hotspot: If you do not have access to internet at home, you may be able to use your phone to connect your computer to the Internet.
- Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots: Open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas.
School Licensed and Free Software Subscriptions
- Infinite Campus: Infinite Campus is the official Grading, Attendance, and Behavior Portal. Both students and parents can access their portal by going to www.pilibos.org/grades or www.pilibos.org/sis.
- Google for Education: Pilibos utilizes Google for Education (Email, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc) as productivity tools. Once signed into Google your pilibos.org account, you can access all available Google apps for education.
- Google Classroom: 3rd-12th Grade class teachers will invite students to specific Google Classrooms and provide necessary activation codes. Google Classroom will provide most information, assignments, and resources for each class.
- Zoom: All pilibos.org email accounts have a free subscription to Zoom for Education. Just choose SSO with Google Account to sign in.
- Naviance: Naviance will be used throughout the year with 8th -12th grade students. Teachers will provide login info when applicable.
- Turn It In: Submit papers and essays to teachers when instructed to do so.
- NewsGuard: NewsGuard is an browser extension that displays red and green rating icons next to links in search results and social media feeds to identify its validity. Free until December 31,2020.
- MyON: A personalized digital library for our TK-5th grade students. Renaissance myON Reader is a student-centered, personalized literacy environment that gives students access to more than 6,000 enhanced digital books. Titles are dynamically matched to each individual student's interests, grade and Lexile reading level.
- Hoopla: Hoopla is a digital library card. If you have a library card, you can access your local public library's movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows.