DISTANCE LEARNING CHECKLIST
If you do not have access to a computer, laptop, tablet, or other device for online learning, please reach out to your academic director to secure a School issued Chromebook.
How to Access WIFI
If you do not have access to steady WIFI in your home or place of study, please refer to some of the options/solutions below:
- AT&T: Open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families
- Charter/Spectrum: Free Wi-Fi for 2 months.
- Comcast: Free Wi-Fi for 2 months to low-income families, plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free.
- Sprint: Unlimited data to existing customers and allows all phones to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: Unlimited data to existing customers and allows all phones to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- Verizon: No special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Affordable Home Internet
- Using Your Smart Phone as a Hotspot: If you do not have access to internet at home, you may be able to use your phone to connect your computer to the Internet.
- Xfinity WiFi Public Hotspots: Open to everyone on the “xfinitywifi” SSID. Public hotspots can be found in small/medium businesses and outdoors in commercial areas.
School Licensed and Free Software Subscriptions
- Infinite Campus: Infinite Campus is the official Grading, Attendance, and Behavior Portal. Both students and parents can access their portal by going to www.pilibos.org/grades or www.pilibos.org/sis.
- Google for Education: Pilibos utilizes Google for Education (Email, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc) as productivity tools. Once signed into Google your pilibos.org account, you can access all available Google apps for education.
- Google Classroom: 3rd-12th Grade class teachers will invite students to specific Google Classrooms and provide necessary activation codes. Google Classroom will provide most information, assignments, and resources for each class.
- Teacher Websites: Each teacher has a website for their classes. Each site will provide necessary links, resources, information, and more. When on the faculty page on our website, please click on the desired teacher's name to be directed to their site.
- Zoom: All pilibos.org email accounts have a free subscription to Zoom for Education. Just choose SSO with Google Account to sign in.
- Naviance: Naviance will be used throughout the year with 8th -12th grade students. Teachers will provide login info when applicable.
- Turn It In: Submit papers and essays to teachers when instructed to do so.
- NewsGuard: NewsGuard is an browser extension that displays red and green rating icons next to links in search results and social media feeds to identify its validity. Free until December 31,2020.
- MyON: A personalized digital library for our TK-5th grade students. Renaissance myON Reader is a student-centered, personalized literacy environment that gives students access to more than 6,000 enhanced digital books. Titles are dynamically matched to each individual student's interests, grade and Lexile reading level.
- Hoopla: Hoopla is a digital library card. If you have a library card, you can access your local public library's movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows.